Antioxidants in Skin Care
Posted on January 11 2020
You’ve probably heard the term “antioxidants” frequently thrown around in skincare conversations, but do you know exactly what these refer to? We’re here to help you understand what they are, what they do and how to make the best use of them in your skincare routine.
The Power of Antioxidants
To explain what antioxidants are, we have to look at another term often mentioned when it comes to beauty: the free radicals. They reference the molecules that can potentially damage the skin cells. The free radicals are created by UV rays, pollutants and all sorts of stressors, environmental and others. Antioxidants are able to neutralize the free radicals in order to allow the skin to regenerate.
How to Achieve Glowing Skin
When too many free radicals are present in the skin, it can trigger oxidative stress. This reaction is linked to premature aging of the skin, hyperpigmentation, inflammatory conditions such as acne, eczema or more. There are different sorts of antioxidants, and each can target a different skin issue.
In general, antioxidants are known to brighten the skin, calm irritation, reduce fine lines, firm and revitalize the skin and retain moisture. They are a must when it comes to having glowing skin, which is why Première Classe makes use of them in specially concocted formulas.
Here are the main antioxidants you will find in our healthy skincare formulations :
- Organic Camu Camu contained in the Urban Glow Serum
- Vitamin C contained in the Urban Glow serum, Dewy Face Clinical Mist, and Organic Maple Prevention Serum
- Organic Amla contained in Urban Glow Serum
- Vitamin A contained in the Organic Maple Prevention Serum
- Organic Grapeseed Oil contained in the Sacha Inchi Dry Oil
- Organic Matcha contained in the Sacha Inchi Oil and Stem Cell Mist